Although the turkey may be the star of the show, it wouldn’t be a proper holiday dinner without the stuffing. A humble dish, ingredient and preparation wise, it always ends up being a favorite among family and guests.
We opted for classic flavors and made our turkey and stuffing separately in order to speed up total cooking time and to ensure the stuffing cooked through completely.
This from scratch recipe can easily be prepared ahead of time and baked while your turkey finishes. Thanks to Zepter Masterpiece Cookware, and the 316-L stainless steel it’s constructed from, you never have to worry about foods sticking to and tarnishing your pans again. Spend less time on clean-up and more time with family this holiday season!
- 1 loaf day old bread (preferably a crusty, rustic loaf)
- 2 tbsp. butter (optional)
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped sage
- 2 eggs
- 350 ml turkey, chicken or vegetable broth
- In a Quadra Z-Q1927 casserole dish gently fry finely chopped onion and celery, without adding any water, oil or fat to the pan. After a few minutes add minced garlic, sage and pepper
- Cut the bread into cubes and combine with the vegetables and seasonings in the Quadra Z-Q1927 casserole dish
- Whisk the eggs and the broth and pour over the bread and vegetable mixture. Add the liquid gradually, the bread should soak up the liquid but shouldn’t be drenched
- For a richer taste, add 2 tablespoons of melted butter over top (optional)
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve