If you’re a fan of bold flavors, you’ll love our recipe for Mango and Peanut Chicken! By pairing tons of veggies with exotic fruits and organic chicken we’ll create a balanced meal that will satisfy your taste buds, without compromising your health.
Organic chicken can easily be sorted into most diets. It’s rich in vitamins A and B and leaner cuts have less fat than both beef and pork. Add some veggies to the mix and you’ve got a balanced meal that covers all the bases: healthy calories, vitamins and minerals. As always, when it comes to meat, we can’t stress enough how important it is to look into where you’re buying from. Free-range, organic chicken is always the best choice.
Once you’ve got your healthy ingredients it’s time to move onto healthy preparation! Our multipurpose Masterpiece Cookware Wok is ideal for cooking Asian inspired cuisine. Just like all of our cookware, it’s constructed from 316-L stainless steel and has a triple layer accuthermal bottom, which allows for cooking at lower temperatures and doesn’t produce any cancerogenic substances. On top of that, there’s no need to add any additional water or fats!
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 500 g chicken
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1/3 of a pineapple
- ½ zucchini
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups filtered Aqueena water
- Juice of 1 lime
For the Mango Chutney
- 1 mango
- 8-9 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Chili as desired
- Use the MixSy to blend the ingredients for the chutney
- Pour the sticky rice into a cold Z-2030 pan and cover with Aqueena purified water
- Turn on the induction plate and cook at medium heat 160°C for 5 minutes
- Lower heat to 90°C and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Turn off the induction plate and set the pot aside. Let rice sit for 15 minutes, covered.
- Add the chicken and 2-3 dcl of mango chutney to a cold Wok, without adding any oil or water
- Cook at medium heat 120°C for 2 minutes
- Lower heat to 90°C and add both types of pepper, the pineapple, zucchini, peanuts and spring onions
- Cook at low heat 90°C for an additional 15 minutes
- Add the parsley and the lime juice
- Serve rice and chicken separately in Royal Gold porcelain
Chefs tip: The best way to gauge the right sticky rice to water ratio is to spread the rice across the bottom of the pan and then place your palm over it. Pour just enough water to cover your fingers.
Chef Petra Geric